Sunday, March 23, 2014

My Very Own Luxembourg Justice System Experience


















My Orchids. Dendrobium "Whatever". Photo ET

My Very Own Luxembourg Justice System Experience

Dear victims of Madoff, Landsbanki, BCCI and many more:

You can only write about this justice system thoughtfully and credibly, if you have been a victim yourself at least once. Most people cannot. But even better, let the facts talk.

You find an excerpt of the judgment referenced here in French on the two blogs linked below. That verdict, that is even not final probably, took almost ten years to be reached. My damages were never repaired. The accused lived their lives and a lifestyle that I co-financed. Every trick in the box was used to delay the criminal proceedings. But wait. This is not even yet over. The two people sentenced to 12 and 24 months in prison, on probation, will appeal the verdict within the 40 days foreseen in the procedures. Which will delay the whole thing for another year or more. During which time all civil proceedings to recuperate my losses are halted.


So, dear Enrico Macias, and other victims of financial fraud in Luxembourg, such as from Madoff, Landsbanki and BCCI: stand in line. And if in the US there is a saying that you cannot win against Town Hall, you'll find out what your chances are to win against The Bank in Luxembourg. Keep pushing though. There is a new government, and I'm sure they are not betting on continued failure to do the right thing. Indeed there is that idea of nation branding floating around. I hope you and I don't have to come up with the slogans....





No comments:

Post a Comment